Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My little Tweeb


Happy birthday to my precious Lauren Renée! It's hard to believe that five years ago today she made her early (although not particularly quick, mind you) entrance into the world. After carrying her for nine months I finally got to meet my sweet child, and my life has never been the same. Early on, Michael thought that she looked like a tweebug, whatever that is, and, although it is entirely fictitious, I had to agree. :) In time "Tweebug" shortened to just "Tweeb" and the nickname has stuck. She has brought us so much joy - the joy of being parents, the joys of new discoveries and childlike fascination with things, the joy of just knowing and loving her. She is beautiful, sensitive, sweet and kind. She is very motherly and watches out for her little siblings, sometimes too much - she is a good tattler! A true first child, she is conscientious and particular and she loves to succeed. I love her excitement and innocence, combined with an enthusiasm for little things that I hope she never outgrows. (Her Daddy hasn't! :) ) I thank the Lord for the amazing gift that she is and look forward to all of the great things that the future holds for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment