Saturday, February 13, 2010

Daddy's little princesses



Michael took the girls to their first Daddy/Daughter Dance last night. They were SO excited! It was the first thing Brooke asked about when they woke up in the morning. I had to explain that they had breakfast, Story Time at the library, lunch, naps, dinner, and getting ready time before they would be going. I'm sure that seemed like an eternity to a three-year-old.






The girls really got into getting ready for their first "date". I painted their nails and curled their hair. They loved being primped and pampered. They couldn't keep the grins off of their faces.



They even got to wear their special gold lockets from Aunt Sarah's wedding. I love that Michael did this with them. Some of my most treasured memories from growing up are from "dates" that I had with my own dad. He often went out of his way to make my sister and I feel like his special girls and, in doing so, we had an amazing picture of our Heavenly Father's love for us as well. I pray that my girls will know they are loved for who they are, both by their earthly father, who would die for them in a heartbeat, and their Heavenly Father, who sent His Son to die for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment